Since I don't think either of them read my blog, I decided to show my progress here.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Mother's Day Gifts WIP
Since Mother's Day is coming up next, I started thinking about what I could make for my Mom and for my Mother-in-Law, and for myself. I decided to make them something decorative; something I'm sure they will treasure. So, again, I decided to include my girls in the gift making and giving by using some of my favorite drawings that they have made and use a combination of embroidery and appliqué to "re-do" the drawings.
Since I don't think either of them read my blog, I decided to show my progress here.
So basically, I took two drawings that my daughter, C, drew and combined them. I traced them onto plain white fabric with a water soluble ink pen. And if you click on the picture you can see a closer view and see the little circles I added. These are the tiny little circles that my little girl, M, has been drawing lately. It wouldn't be fair not to include some of M's creativity. She usually draws in pencil so I'm still not sure what color to embroider them. Maybe I'll just stick to gray, like her pencil drawings.

And if you haven't noticed the drawings C made are of the two dolls I made for my girls! The love and inspiration just keeps on going! They inspire me, I inspire them, and they inspire me, again! So as you can see, I tried to use some of the scraps from the fabric I used to make their dolls so that they look as much as possible like those dolls. This embroidery is going to my Mom. I have another drawing picked out to make a similar embroidery for my MIL, so I'll try to post some pics of that when I do more work on it. As for my present to myself, I still haven't decided. There are so many ideas in my head and ones I've seen in other craft blogs. I've been needing to make myself a new bag, so maybe I'll just do that. I would also like my own embroidery of my girls' art, too! And I've been wanting to make silhouettes of my girls' profiles, either in paper or fabric. I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm done with the two embroidery projects I've already started and see how much time I have left for my own Mother's Day present.
Since I don't think either of them read my blog, I decided to show my progress here.