Here are a few more things that I've done for M's Fairy Birthday Party.

This one is part of her present from me. It's a 2D doll with the drawing I made of her doll in fairy costume. I really like how it came out! And I saw that Hillary Lang of
WeeWonderfuls also made
similar dolls! She is a great inspiration and I love her work! I think next time I'm gonna try to make my drawings look more polished like hers!
I made the doll by first making a drawing of M's doll, then coloring it with color pencils and outlining some details with marker. I then asked my husband to scan the drawing and print it out on
Colorfast Sew-In Inkjet Fabric Sheets. They were kind of expensive seeing as how they only have 3 sheets in the package. Next time I try printing on fabric, I'm gonna try ironing a piece of fabric onto
freezer paper and then cutting it to paper size and running it through my printer. Much cheaper!

I also made her a clothespin fairy doll, also as part of her present from me. I was influenced by all the
clothespin dolls other craft bloggers are making. One of them being, Alicia Paulson of
Posie Gets Cozy. She is also one of my biggest inspirations! Obviously, I didn't buy one of her kits, even though I've been wanting to. So I pretty much winged it! I like the way the face came out and the tulle skirt and wings. I'm not too crazy about the bodice, but I'm not going to worry about that anymore. I just wanted to get it done to check it off my list of things to do. I can always change it later. It took me a while to do because I had to do it while taking care of M and so I had to wait for times when she wasn't around or was asleep. And I had to paint a little at a time, waiting for the paint to dry between coats and colors. But it wasn't too difficult to do because it's so small and so it only took a few minutes to paint each time I worked on it.

These are the fairy tutus and crowns I made for the kids to dress up in. I can already imagine all the little girls running around the park in such bright, yet soft colors! So cute! I got the idea to make the tutus and the crowns and the whole Fairy Birthday Party after my girls each got a tulle crown as part of their
swap package from our
Mini Swap partner Tiffany, of
Likely Stories. Thanks Tiffany! My girls have really enjoyed wearing your crowns! Like Tiffany, I also added silk flowers onto the crowns and a few on the tulle skirts. The first crown is actually one that Tiffany made. I plan to use her crowns at the party!

Here are some scrappy tin cans I made to put on the tables. I used a lot of the scraps from the projects I'm making for M's birthday party. So everything will coordinate. Of course, I did end up using so many different fabrics! But that's what I wanted. I'm going for the scrappy calico and flowery handmade look for this fairy party. I hope it all ends up looking nice! I think it looks very homey and young and happy! This is the first time I've ever decoupaged anything and I like the results! I used equal parts white glue and water and used a sponge brush to make sure the scraps were well saturated with the glue mixture. I also pinked some of the edges on the scrap pieces for a cleaner look. I collected cans of various sizes so that they could look more interesting when I group them. I plan to fill them with glass marbles to weigh them down and put some colorful tissue flowers in them. They will be placed in small groups on top of the table covers to give the covers some contrast as they are solid and to help keep the wind from blowing them off the table. I'm using plastic covers cause I didn't have enough time to make some out of fabric. I would have loved to use fabric table covers! Maybe for the next birthday party!?

And here are some of the tissue flowers I made. Again I winged it and made different types of flowers all using different techniques I've seen from many different places in magazines and online. I didn't follow any one tutorial; just made them up as I went along. There are different sizes to fit the different can sizes. I've since made more, but haven't taken any recent pictures.
I hope that I'll have some decent pictures of all of the decorations, table set up, favors, and the kids in their costumes. There is still more things I need to finish and I only have a week left. If I do manage to get them done with time, I'll try to write another post about it before the birthday party.