I was reading some of my favorite blogs and I came across
Molly Chicken's
post today, in which she declares today, Monday, a non house working day. I have so much cleaning to do in my house and so many other things I would rather do, and I hate having conflicted feelings about what I should do or shouldn't do; what to do first and what to do last. Molly's attitude helped me feel better about not doing any house work today and inspired me to, instead, work on a special project that I came up with this weekend! I'm so excited, but I won't be able to show anything (maybe some sneaks and peaks, here and there!) because it is for my littlest girl, M's birthday! The only thing I'm going to give away is that I'm planning the theme for her birthday party to be about fairies and I'm going to be using the doll I made for her as my inspiration! I'm really excited about this project and if I don't post for a long time, it will be because I'm probably busy with crafting and planning for her party. I have presents to make for her, decorations, party favors, etc. and I only have a month to do it! I've already started to feel the pressure and stress of getting things done right and on time, but this is the kind of stress that I welcome because it gives me a challenge and gives me the ability and excuse for creating and not dealing with house work. I already got started but I have to get back and start making some progress.

I'll leave you with a picture of a gift that I made this past X mas for M and for her cousin Jolie. Both girls love to wear their Elfin Hat and luckily they have gotten lots of opportunities to wear them with the long cold winter and early spring. I used the pattern for the Elfin Hat from Amy Karol's book,
Bend the Rules Sewing, and from her
Angry Chicken blog (another Chicken and another one of my favorite craft bloggers!)
P.S. The Elfin Hat is a sneak peak since I plan on making one for my nephew, Nathan, for the party. He'll be the only boy and will be surrounded by little girl fairies!