Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

My girls are on Spring break and since I didn't plan anything to keep them busy, they're keeping me on my toes! So we've been playing, drawing, coloring, going to the library, reading, and watching movies (Pippi Longstocking is in our current rotation!) and when I'm not catching up on the laundry and dish washing, I try to get some crafting done. The good thing is that they can pretty much entertain themselves. All I have to do is supply them with materials.

Here is C, doing one of her favorite activities.

And here are some of the drawings C made, inspired by the dolls I made of for her and M! Aren't they cute!? I feel so very proud that I can inspire my girls to be creative when they're the reason why I love to craft!

Here is a picture of the dolls. When the girls are not playing with their dolls, I like to keep them on my desk to remind me of the things I like and to inspire me more. I hadn't shown you C's doll, yet because I would like to talk about it more on a later post and hopefully include better pictures. So there'll be more on that later!

And because I mentioned my desk/work area, I decided to show a picture of where I create. It's not very organized, but I try! I feel very lucky just to have someplace where I can have all my materials together to make things and escape every once in a while. The quilt wall hanging is one of Grandma K's quilts. It's one of my favorites. I love how colorful it is!

Well, that is what the girls and I have been up to lately. Now, to try to get more party prep done! I only have 2-1/2 weeks left! Wish me luck!