Friday, February 29, 2008

We got our Mini Swap package!

Woohoo! We got home from school and found our Mini Swap III package from Tiffany, of Likely Stories, and her boys, Max and Oliver, waiting for us on our porch. We couldn't wait to open it! So as soon as C was done doing her homework, we opened the box.

It was difficult to keep the girls from grabbing, but I managed to keep them at bay by handing each one the first things I saw, which were the YanYans. One chocolate flavored and one strawberry flavored. The girls were so happy and it gave me a chance to take some pictures before I let them dive into all the goodies!

First, the girls got several hair bands made from various ribbons and trims in cute colors!

Here are the girls modeling the hair bands!


Next, I got a book handmade by Tiffany for me to put pictures, recipes, or anything I want. It is so lovely! I think I will definitely use it for recipes, since Tiffany was so kind to include some blank recipe cards to get me started.


I also got some vintage yarn from Tiffany's collection. I'm thinking of using it to make some amigurumis! I'll make sure to post some pics when I get around to it. The yarn is texturized and nubly, so I think that will make for some interesting looking amigurumis.

We also got some dark chocolates! I love dark chocolate!


My little one, M, was lucky to get a CD mix with dance music! She loves to dance and is actually quite good at it! I don't know where she gets it from, cause my husband, big M, and I don't dance much. Hopefully this dance mix will get us moving, too!


Chloe also a nice mix of stickers. She loves stickers! We started a sticker book for her when we started potty training her. She's added to it every time we have had to take her to the doctor or the dentist, and since she's already 5 years old, she has quite a collection! She brings it out every once in a while to look at and admire all her cool stickers!

We also got some Korean jacks called Kon-ji. They look interesting but we don't know how to play with them, yet. Tiffany said she will send us instructions, once we got them. I'm curious to learn how to play it!


As you can tell, M is ready to dig into the other chocolate treats!


Here are the girls playing with their favorite part of the swap, the flower crowns. They don't want to take them off! They love to dress up!

Hooray for the swap! Thank you Tiffany, Max and Oliver! And thank you to Molly for hosting the Mini Swap because it gives mom's and their children a chance to create together and practice the act of giving. We get to meet new people and we get surprised with wonderful goodies! And the kids just love getting mail! We had so much fun participating in this swap and we can't wait for the next one!