Thursday, February 7, 2008

I finally did it!

I've been wanting to start a blog for years now, but I never felt like I would have the time to dedicate to posting regularly. I always had an excuse, but enough is enough. I want to be able to use this space to document my daily life, my thoughts, and use it as a way to let my family see my daughters grow and learn of our goals and accomplishments. I also hope to meet new friends and reacquaint myself with old friends.

I'm also participating in my second swap and so I decided now was a good time as any. It's the Mini Swap hosted by Molly from Mommy Coddle. I love to craft and create things, and so this swap gives me an opportunity to use my creativity in collaboration with my two little girls, which from now on I will refer to as C, for the older one (5 years) and M, for the younger one (21 mo.), for safety reasons. Committing myself to a swap puts just the right amount of pressure on me to get my craft on. It also gives me more reason to take some time for myself to get some work done. Sometimes I need to stress a little to get myself moving, cause I can go through a few months of just being in a slump with no crafting mojo. Well, I'm certainly not in a slump right now! I've been getting lots done and checking off lists left and right! I feel so proud of myself! I'm also impressing myself with the ideas I got (not all my own ideas, fyi) and the finished products! I'll show a few glimpses in future posts of what I have in store for my swap partners (don't want to give too much away!). And I'll also post about the things I've been making for myself, my family, my home and for the holidays.

So let me just end this post with a welcome to my blog!